Jon A. Slater, Jr.
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, OHIO
Fairfield County Auditor - Required Board Memberships
Fairfield Co. Auditor: Jon A. Slater, Jr.
The County Auditor is a member of the following bodies:
• Budget Commission- Secretary
• Board of Revision- Secretary
• Tax Incentive Review Council - Member
• Records Commission - Member
• Data Processing Board - Secretary, Administrator
• Microfilm Board - Member
1) Budget Commission - The Auditor is the permanent Secretary of the Budget Commission which also includes the County Treasurer and the Prosecutor. It is the responsibility of the Commission to annually review the tax budgets of all taxing districts within the county and to determine that all tax levies are properly authorized and allocated to local governments and libraries.
2) Board of Revision - The Auditor is the permanent Secretary of the Board of Revision which also includes the County Treasurer and the President of the Board of Commissioners. It is the responsibility of the Board of Revision to rule on property assessment prior to the issuance of the real estate tax list. Property valuation complaints are also heard.
3) Tax Incentive Review Council - The Auditor is a statutory member of a council appointed by the legislative authority of a county, township, or municipal corporation that grants an exemption from taxation for abatements, enterprise zones or tax increment financing. Annually the Tax Incentive Review Council shall review all agreements of existing exemptions for these areas.
4) Records Commission - The Auditor is a member of the Records Commission which is comprised of the County Recorder, Prosecutor, Clerk of Courts, a County Commissioner and a Common Please Judge. It is this Commission's responsibility to review applications for record disposal which must conform to retention schedules approved by the Ohio Historical Society and the Auditor of State.
5) Automatic Data Processing Board - If established in the subject county, please see Data Processing description.
6) Microfilming Board - Equipment and services purchased to reduce documents to microfilmed images must be approved by this board if established in the subject county.
210 East Main Street, Suite 201
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
Phone: Department List
8am to 4pm