Gregg Marx, Prosecutor
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, OHIO
Fairfield County Prosecuting Attorney, Lancaster, Ohio.
Fairfield Co. Prosecutor
239 West Main Street, Suite 101
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
8am to 4pm
Prosecuting Attorney: Gregg Marx
December 15, 1982 to May 24, 2011
First Assistant to Prosecuting Attorney, David L. Landefeld
May 25, 2011 to Present, Prosecuting Attorney
Prosecution of adult felony crimes that occur within Fairfield County, Ohio. Successful prosecution of cases in all local courts, the Fifth District Court of Appeals, Ohio Supreme Court, United States District Court for the Southern
District of Ohio, United States Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit, and United States Supreme Court.
Lead counsel in cases against John Engle, Edna Engle, John Wesley Frazier, Jason Wagner, Anthony Pryor, Willie Cooper, David Bruce, Shawn McGuire and Richard Mullins.
Prosecution of nearly all appellate cases within the office since 1992.
Prosecution of numerous cases where sexual predator hearings were necessary.
Mentor of many law students in summer law clerk program who later became successful practicing attorneys.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Admitted to Ohio Bar 1979
• Admitted to United States District Court for the
Southern District of Ohio 1980
• Admitted to practice before United States Supreme Court 1991
• Admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals
Sixth Circuit 1995
Speaker/Lecturer for the Ohio State Bar Association, the Fairfield County Bar Association, and the Ohio Prosecuting Attorneys Association.
• Ohio State Bar Association and Criminal Justice Committee of the OSBA
• Fairfield County Bar Association
• Ohio Prosecuting Attorneys Association
• National Association of District Attorneys
• Association of Government Attorneys in Capital Litigation
• American Bar Association
• The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio, J.D., 1979
• The Ohio State University, Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences, 1976
Lancaster Triad, member, organizations mission to protect senior citizens from financial/physical abuse
Lancaster High School Band Boosters, member, and vice president for two years
Title XX Board, appointed by County Commissioners, resulted in community access to more funding
Lighthouse, former member of the board of trustees
Information in Crisis, (predecessor to Information and Referral) former member of the board of trustees
Fairway Cleaning, sheltered employment, former member of the board of trustees
Biddy Basketball, boys and girls, former coach
General Sherman Junior High School, former assistant coach Science Olympiad
Everyone Plays Soccer league, Lancaster Parks and Recreation, former soccer coach
Married to Carol Marx for 29 years; Adult children: Nicole and Kyle