Reporting an Injury and Workers’ Compensation
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, OHIO
It is imperative that all work-related accidents are reported to Human Resources immediately at: 740-652-7898 or 740-652-7893
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Since 1912, Ohio's worker's compensation system has helped employers and employees cope with workplace injuries by providing medical and compensation benefits for work-related injuries, diseases and deaths. The Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) has a central office in Columbus and 16 customer service offices located across the state. You may access the BWC web site at: www.ohiobwc.com
Instructions for reporting and seeking medical attention for a
• Immediately notify your employer.
• Complete the employee sections of the "Injury Reporting Packet"
• Seek treatment from a Careworks network provider, First Medical Urgent Family Care or Fairfield Medical Center in cases of true emergencies, or any BWC-Certified provider.
• Present the Careworks I.D. card (from the injury reporting packet) to each medical provider that treats your work related injury.
• Complete the employer sections of the "Injury Reporting Packet" paperwork, focusing on the "injury fact sheet," and the "statement of witness form."
• Notify Human Resources of the injury immediately by phone or e-mail. Send all completed forms from the Injury Reporting Packet as soon as possible.
• Complete a "Supervisor Report of Return to Work," for every change of an employee's medical status pertaining to work restrictions after each follow up appointment. Send a copy of each report to Human Resources.