The Fairfield County Building Department reviews and approves all plans and issue all permits required by the applicable, current codes for the construction, renovation, improvement, demolition and repair of commercial buildings within the unincoroporated areas of Fairfield county with the exception of Violet Township. The Building Department enforces code requirements and regulates the construction of buildings and structures except for residential one, two and three family structures. Our primary mission is to insure the health, safety and welfare of the residents of Fairfield County. The administrative functions of the County Building Department are performed by the Fairfield County Regional Planning Commission.
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, OHIO
Fairfield County Building Department Forms
• Contractor Registration
• Fee Schedule
• Permit Application
The process for completing commercial construction projects under the building department’s jurisdiction consists of the following steps:
1. Application & submittal of construction plans and documents
2. Plan review and permit issued
3. Construction and inspection
4. Final approval-certificate of occupancy
It is critically important to note that the building department is not the only entity which may have jurisdiction over any particular project. Other entities with possible jurisdiction include:
• Various townships in Fairfield County have authority over zoning and land use.
• The Fairfield Department of Health is the authority having jurisdiction over
plumbing and private water supply, and private sewage disposal systems.
• There are multiple water and/or sewer districts that service the unincorporated
• The Fairfield County Engineer is the authority having jurisdiction over county roads.
• The Fairfield County Regional Planning Commission is the authority having
jurisdiction for subdivision and floodplain development.
We encourage applicants to contact all applicable entities .